- Paintball...friendly fire?
- Running on Bridges...frogger
- Golfing near Water...one eye v. one arm
- Competitive Eating Contests...jaw arthritis
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
1. Digging Holes in the Sand Can Be Deadly
Yeah it's early to be preaching summer, even OBX, safety, but this report is from the New England Journal of Medicine. Here's whatcha need to know:
- Sand collapses occur in ordinary holes that people dig -- some only a few feet deep -- and in tunnels that collapse.
- In some cases, people fall into existing holes and the sand collapses around them.
- Sand collapses occur most often at beaches, but they can happen at other places like lakes or even backyards.
2. Building for Peace/Permanent Headquarters Project
The building site for the Whirled Peas HQ is gonna be located at the northwest corner of the National Mall at the intersection of Constitution Avenue and 23rd Street NW, the site faces the Lincoln Memorial and is adjacent to the Korean War and Vietnam Veterans memorials.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
If you haven't been to pickup lately (yes I'm talking to *you*), then you may not be aware of the recent addition of weekend Slug Lines. They appear shortly after the 10:35am timeframe, with a different colored t in their hand, toeing the sideline waiting to yell "Last Back!"
Answer: Go to pickup at the National Mall; Avoid the Shopping Mall.
As the article states: "Slu[d]ging is like organized...except there's no one organizing it."
Monday, June 11, 2007
There are more questions than answers the day after. Not talking about The Sothisisit?pranos finale. Sludge stomachs are grumbling over the lack of delish, mouth-watering Crack Chips.
Lesson Learned: When's there's a pool party, there must be
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
If your answer was "Ultimate" be prepared to get some strange looks from people thinking you are participating in the sports-du-jour Ultimate F
The Onion runs down the most commonly cited reasons for the Ultimate Fighting's popularity which includes:
- Accidentally TiVo'd by people hoping to watch the Ultimate Frisbee Championship
Read more reasons.